The Dream Ninja

As a kid, I always wanted to be a ninja. Well I guess I am still a kid, and I still want to be a ninja, but, yea. I trained for countless days and perfected the pose, I snapped twigs, jumped long distances, until. I got injured. It was a long fall and I could barely walk for weeks and it looked like my career was over, but I persevered through and it seemed like forever, but I healed my leg. I was so nervous to do my first jump since the injury but it went well after all of the physical therapy. I was Ready for my first fight. As I got into position, I Saw the other monkey, all strong and agile but I got this. The other monkey stepped into the arena and I looked back on the past few months, getting hurt and training it all led up to this. I fought my heart out the blazing sun, the gusting wind, and the crowd cheering. As the monkey took a punch at me, the world slowed down and I dodged him! I jumped onto a tree, turned around and punched him right in the face. Ouch! That’s gotta hurt I thought. “And that’s how my NMFL (National Monkey Fighting league) career Started.”

One thought on “The Dream Ninja”

1. Your writing is getting good. You have great word choice in this piece. I can tell you spent time on it and revised.